Monday, October 20, 2008

Stupid nonsequiter story time.

So I'm in an elevator on the way up to a factory in Shenzhen, and guy gets in. This poor bastard has a mole with 3" of gnarly hair growing from it.

Normally I wouldn't really think much of it, but I had to suppress a snigger, because all I could think of was a conversation I'd had in the office with D the week before. It went something like this:

D: We're gonna have a little beard growing contest. You want in?

Pete: Normaly, I'd show off my testosterone and jump in, but I want to look clean cut for my trip to China. Besides I just shaved off 2 weeks of beard.

D: (with a lot of feigned attitude) Why don't you buck up and show the Chinese how an American grows a beard!

All I could think then was, how I should've been showing off my American whiskers. D was right. Next time I travel to Asia, I beard up first. I'm not losing to a handful of wispy mole hairs again!!!

End stupid story.

No comments: