Wednesday, November 26, 2008

on a rainy night

Imagine this (feel free to substitute girl for guy in your particular fantasy)...

__________

One rainy night, your girlfriend (wife, et al) calls and to announce she's on her way over. Five minutes later, she knocks on the door. When you answer she steps back past the edge of the awning and into the rain. She stands there smiling with one arm extended out, beckoning you. Her hair is slowly matted down by the precipitation, but the smile on her face can't be washed away as you step out in your tee shirt, jeans and bare feet to join her.

Wordlessly, you meet in a kiss. A kiss that lasts until you are both shivering in the downpour. Shaking from the cold or from the excitement of the kiss, you can't tell...

__________

I've had a couple memorable kisses in the rain. None quite like the one my activie imagination just conjured up, but they can be as good as they sound. Trust me on this one. If you find yourself under cloud cover, and you got someone you like kissing... you need no other excuse. In fact, as memory serves, that is the best excuse.

I'll get back to my normal attitude laden blogs soon enough, but tonight my closet romantic has gotten hold of the keyboard. Until then, take my advice, give the story your own twist, and go for it. :)

No comments: